PROBLEM: Crevice Corrosion
- Where piping contacts supports, abrasion caused by vibration and movement destroys protective coatings
- Old technologies use round surfaces as wear surface – high point loads, accelerating wear or failure
- Failure through old FRP can lead to broken seal between pipe and isolator – MOISTURE TRAP
- Pitting or other loss of steel wall occurs, creating potential leaks or catastrophic failure
SOLUTION: FRP Pipe Wear Pads
Engineered to be the ultimate corrosion protection wear pad system
- Filament wound, thermoset Fiberglass Reinforced Pipe (FRP) Shell Support Base
- 3MTM VHB Adhesive lines inside of the FRP or epoxy resin for wet-set installations
- Nylatron® NSM Bearing Pad, a proprietary cast Nylon 6,6 containing molybdenum disulphide (MoS2)
A significant improvement on current technologies in crevice corrosion protection
- Flat siding surface, preventing rotation
- Inexpensive, reduces maintenance costs
- Reduces point load up to 90%
- Ideal for new jobs or retrofit projects
- 3MTM VHBTM can easily be installed
- Available in multiple colors
FRP Pipe Wear Pads
Perfect for new construction jobs, but can work in throughout all maintenance and retrofit
- Available in 2” through 36” pipe diameters and multiple colors through special orders.
- Inexpensive, easily installed, and can significantly reduce maintenance costs.
- Easily installed by your field personnel following our simple installation procedures using
our preinstalled peel and stick adhesive tape.